NORTHWESTERN DISTRICT ATTORNEY – JOB POSTING
DATE: May 2016
POSITION TITLE: District Court Administrator
MAIN FUNCTIONS: Facilitate the data management of district court cases within case management system (DAMION). Support prosecutors with management of case related materials. Serve as liaison between prosecutors, trial court departments and police departments.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILILTIES:
• Initiate, modify and dispose of district court cases within DAMION;
• Collect relevant data from complaints, police reports, probation records to initiate case within DAMION and prepare for arraignment of defendant;
• Coordinate with ADAs, VWAs, police departments, clerk’s offices and probation departments in the scheduling of court dates;
• Responsible for organizing, categorizing and production of discovery on district court cases;
• Facilitate the production and delivery of ADA approved discovery to defense attorneys;
• Prepare daily court docket;
• Prepare summons as needed;
• Facilitate the scheduling (or rescheduling) of court dates on behalf of ADA and/or defense attorney with clerk’s office;
• Participate in DAMION user group meetings;
• Participate in professional development training as needed;
• Will answer telephones and assist public as needed;
• Will serve as backup to all outlying District Court Administrators when needed;
• Perform any other administrative duties related to the position of Assistant District Court Administrator as requested by the Administrative Supervisor and Director of Operations when needed.
• Bachelor’s degree;
• Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures;
• Knowledge of computers and relevant software applications;
• Knowledge of customer service principles and practices;
• Ability to communicate clearly, effectively and patiently in-person and on the phone to a diverse population;
• Ability to multi-task;
• Must be able to demonstrate professional discretion and maintain confidentiality at all times.
SALARY RANGE: $28,000 - $30,000 plus medical and other employee benefits.
Applicants should submit cover letter, resume and Employment Application Form, (form located below) to firstname.lastname@example.org