Court orders some documents in rape case released
For immediate release: Nov. 1, 2012
Contact: Mary Carey at firstname.lastname@example.org
Eastern Hampshire District Court Judge John M. Payne, Jr., today, agreed to the release of several documents pertaining to the case of a rape alleged to have occurred on the University of Massachusetts – Amherst campus in the early morning hours of Saturday, Oct. 13, 2012.
The court had earlier impounded all of the documents in its possession in relation to the case, an order several media outlets had requested be lifted. Payne said the following documents would be released from the impoundment order:
1) The Criminal Complaint
2) The Probable Cause statement of the UMass Police Department
3) The Search Warrant and Return
4) The name of the dormitory at UMass where the alleged incident took place
The court will continue to impound the following:
1) The name, address and other personal information of the victim
2) The names and addresses of the witnesses
3) The Affidavit/Return prepared and submitted in the application for the search warrant.
The next court date in connection with the case is Monday, Nov. 5 in Hampshire Superior Court, in Northampton, when one of the four defendants in the case, Adam Liccardi, 18, is expected to seek a reduction in the $10,000 bail set on Monday, Oct. 22.